The Stiltner Family Genealogy Website
Stiltner Family Recipes
Sour Cream Swiss Steak
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 pounds round steak (pounded and cut into pieces)
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Combine four, salt, pepper, paprika, and mustard.
- Dredge the steak mixture and brown in oil on both sides.
- Brown the onion.
- Once browned, add water and cover; simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine the sour cream, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, and flour and stir until smooth.
- Put the meat and onions in a baking dish (2 - 3 quart) and pour sour cream mixture over and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
The sauce makes a wonderful gravy.
February 19, 2000
Copyright © 2000, D. Perkins
Return to Stiltner Family
Recipes home page.
The Universe is An Affirmative Communication Process!
Statement of Policy -
This web site and the information in it, is brought to you in the spirit of
freedom of information and as a public service in support of the Stiltner
URL of this page:
Copyright ©2000 E. Stiltner.