Then Jesus took his disciples up to the mountain and gathering them around
him, he taught them, saying:
- "Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven,
- Blessed are the meek,
- Blessed are they that mourn,
- Blessed are the merciful,
- Blessed are they that thirst for justice,
- Blessed are you when persecuted,
- Blessed are you when you suffer,
- Be glad and rejoice for your reward is great in heaven."
Then Simon Peter said ....
- "Do we have to write this down?"
And Andrew said ....
- "Are we supposed to know this?"
And James said ....
- "Will we have a test on this?"
And Phillip said ....
- "I don't have any paper!"
And Bartholomew said ....
- "Do we have to turn this in?"
And John said ....
- "The other disciples didn't have to learn this!"
And Matthew said ....
- "Can I go to the boys' room?"
And Judas said ....
- "What does this have to do with real life?"
Then one of the Pharisees who was present asked to see Jesus' lesson plan and
inquired of Jesus:
- "Where are your anticipatory set and objectives in the cognitive domain?"
- And Jesus wept.
Return to Spiritual Humor Introduction Page
- Copyright ©1996, 2000 SCCS.