How many ____________ does it take to change a light bulb?
- Charismatics - Only one: Hands already in the air.
- Roman Catholics - none. They use candles.
- Pentecostals - Ten. One to change, nine to pray against the spirit of
- Presbyterians - None. God has predestined when the lights will be on and
- Episcopalians - Ten. One to call the electrician, and nine to say how
much they like the old one better.
- Mormons - Ten. One man to change the bulb, and nine wives to tell him how
to do it.
- United Methodists - We choose not to make a statement either in favor of
or against the need for a light bulb. However, if in your own journey, you
have found that light bulbs work for you, that is fine. You are invited to
write a poem or compose a modern dance about your personal relationship with
your light bulb, and present it next month at our annual light bulb Sunday
service, in which we will explore a number of light bulb traditions, including
incandescent, fluorescent, three-way, long-life and tinted, all of which are
equally valid paths to luminescence.
- Baptists - Change?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Return to Spiritual Humor Introduction Page
- Copyright ©2000 SCCS.