The Stiltner Family Genealogy
This page gives you some basic information and links to a variety of
Suggestions for a Home or Automobile Survival Kit -
- Have a week's supply of bottled (in glass bottles) water and canned goods.
- Allow one gallon per day per person.
- Have a food supply (suggestions for a month) -
- can opener
- canned food
- Corn -- 20 pounds
- Iodized Salt -- 1 pound
- Powdered Milk (for babies and infants) -- 20 pounds (buy in nitrogen-packed cans
- Soybeans -- 10 pounds
- Vitamin C -- 15 grams (rotate every 2 years!)
- Wheat -- 20 pounds
- ready to eat, non perishable, minimum water, minimum cooking foods
- small stove, gasoline, and/or can of sterno
- pet supplies
- Have small tools -
- duct tape
- plastic sheeting
- screwdrivers (both flat blade and phillips)
- tape measure
- utility knife
- wire pocket saw
- Have a clothing supply -
- complete change for each person
- footgear and socks
- rain gear
- sleeping bag
- "Space Blanket"
- thermal blankets for warmth or emergency sleeping bags
- Have a first-aid kit -
- antiseptic ointment or wipes
- broad-spectrum antibiotics for various infections
- chlorine bleach
- cotton, sterile
- eye wash, sterile
- hand cream
- hydrocortisone cream
- hydrogen peroxide
- ice pack
- ipecac and activated charcoal
- needles (in a sewing kit)
- non-prescription drugs
- pain relievers
- petroleum jelly
- pins, safety
- rubber gloves
- sleeping pills
- snakebite anti-venom kit
- sterile gauze pads
- sunscreen (at least SPF 15).
- triangular bandage
- water purification tablets.
- Have the following items avaiable -
- An adequate supply of required medications. (Stored away from the first-aid kit.)
- A working radio (AM and FM) plus adequate batteries.
- A fire extinguisher.
- A global position ing system.
- A working cell telephone.
- Several working flashlights plus adequate batteries and light bulbs.
- Face masks for dusty situations.
- Writing paper or tablet, disposable towels, napkins, toilet paper.
Links to some Emergency Information -
Links to Selected Preparedness Food Suppliers
Return to Consumers Issues Home page.
Return to Stiltner Family home page.
The Universe is An Affirmative Communication Process!
Statement of Policy -
This web site and the information in it, is brought to you in the spirit of
freedom of information and as a public service in support of the Stiltner
Be assured that the listing of these links does not imply endorsement of any
of these sites.
Copyright ©2000, 2005 E. Stiltner.
You are visitor number
to visit this page since December 21, 2001.